- The bags cost $28 each and are a mix of fruit, vegetables and nuts that are in season. The bags are available for order via the Open Food Network. Our online shop is now open and ‘ready for business’. The address is: https://openfoodnetwork.org.au/growlightly-vegiebags/shop If you have any queries or concerns regarding our ordering process please ring Becky on 0490 449 229.
You’ll receive a reminder to order for May very soon!
- You receive a weekly (or fortnightly) bag filled with a selection of vegetables, fruit, nuts and herbs produced here in southern Gippsland.
- The contents of the bag reflect what is currently in season in southern Victoria. Everyone gets the same – it is not possible to select special items for your bag. We often include recipes featuring seasonal produce in Grow Lightly newsletters.
- The contents of the bag is either certified organic, or grown according to the principles of organic agriculture.
- The reason that the price of the vegie bags is able to be so low is the innovative delivery system, where volunteers make a commitment once every few months to help pack the vegie bags in an informal, friendly setting, and take the bags for their area back to a central point near them for pickup.
- The bags are packed and delivered to the pick up points on Sundays and are then available for pick-up from depots at:
- Korumburra (The Grow Lightly Food Hub Shop)
- Mirboo North
- Fish Creek/Foster
- Want a drop off point In your town? Find 2 or 3 friends who want a vegie bag and can pick up from Korumburra once a month and we can start you a drop off point.
- Growers deliver their produce once a week, and many are involved in packing the vegie bags. Growers are paid on-line.
If you want to find out more about taking a bag or you have questions, please contact us.